Friday, April 29, 2016

Eli Fucking Apple

 
With the 10th pick in the NFL draft.... The New York Giants select.... a third corner back whose a questionable homosexual. Beni Hana? Beni Fucking Hana? No no no. Eli Apple? Eli fucking Apple?! WHY?! I know you shouldn't rip a draft pick until you see the guy play but I am LIVID over Jerry Reese's first round selection.

You fucking kidding me? The Giants just paid a guy 62.5 million dollars to play cornerback alongside Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie. If I knew the Giants were going to take a cornerback I would of loved to use that 62.5 milly on a different defensive player. I've got to throw a big 'Fuck You' to the Bears. Chicago jumped ahead of the Giants and selected Leonard Floyd right before the Giants. It also didn't help matters that Tennessee jumped up to the 8th spot to take Jack Conklin. The Giants were literally on the clock with the 10th selection of the draft. I hope Reese was all about Conklin and Floyd. Trading back just to buy time and revaluate things had to be an option after those two teams traded up and swiped away the offensive lineman and linebacker on the Giants radar. It couldn't be done. Reese had to make a pick with no backup plan. Jerry Reese turned to John Mara and said "pick a number 1 thru 5." Mara says 3. Reese replys "Eli Apple it is." Mara questionably says " Hey Jerry didn't you pay Janoris Jenkins 62.5 million dollars this off season? Our corners are sitting pretty nice with Jenkins and Rodgers-Cromartie." The General Manager responds "but you said 3 Mr. Mara. Apple is our guy! After all, think about all the puns this guys name can bring to the city!"

That's how I saw it at least. It's mind boggling to me that the Giants drafted a 3rd cornerback with the 10th overall pick. The Giants pretty much had the 8th pick because everybody knew 2 quarterbacks were going to be selected with the first two picks. To make things worse, look who our division rivals drafted. The Eagles dont even count. That franchise is so fucked. Bradford or a kid from fucking South Dakota St. It doesn't matter. Philly will finish last and maybe take another quarterback or trade for one next offseason. The Cowboys drafted fucking Ezekiel Elliot. We all know Dallas only finished the 4th worst team in the league because their quarterback was injured. The Cowboys are a good fucking team and they took an electrifying running back who is going to butt fuck the league behind the best offensive line in football. As for the defending NFC East champions..... Yeah, the 9-7 Washington Redskins. The Eli Apple pick may have forced Washington's hand in taking the best wide receiver in the draft. Josh Doctson is an absolute stud and now he willl be playing against my favorite team. An excellent pick by the Redskins that makes the Giants shitty pick even shittier.

The Giants have the worst linebackers in the league. Only Jaylon Smith can fix that. The linebacker out of Notre Dame can't even fix that this season due to a bad injury. Next year he can fix that. If Reese has the fucking balls to take a guy that's not going to play this year which he won't do because it's playoffs or pinkslip for him. After taking a corner instead of adressing the teams bigger weaknesses, we can kiss any shot at Jaylon Smith goodbye. The Giants can't afford to take a second round pick on an injured linebacker despite how valuable he'll be for the franchise in the future. Big Blue also only has one proven wide receiver who could possibly be in a whirl of trouble if Victor Cruz doesn't produce. Oh yeah, can't forget about the right side of the offensive line. I guess that's not important.

I really may be alone about Shaq Lawson. I think this guy is going to be a great player. Lawson fell all the way to the Bills at 19. Great pick Buffalo. The Bills couldn't replace Mario Williams any better. The G-Men are going to need a defensive end next year. There is about a 10% chance Jason Pierre-Paul returns to the team next year. In 2017 the Giants will once again have to look for a defensive end. Just like that. Maybe that will be next years first round pick. Or maybe a 4th corner back. Who the fuck knows. I wouldn't of minded Laremy Tunsil but I expected and respected the Giants passing on him. I don't give a fuck that he smokes weed. The G-Men do their best to avoid that kind of controversy and I'll always have their back with that. However, I'm a fucking gambler and I don't think weed is a big deal and I'd rather have that big motherfucker protecting Eli Manning than having a 3rd cornerback that's not going to be on the field every play. FUCK!

If there is one positive to look at this season, it's that if the Giants miss the playoffs for yet another consecutive year, you can bank on Jerry Reese's termination. I've had enough of Jerry. He over-paid 3 unproven players this offseason. Granted, the moves despertely needed to be made, the players thankfully have upside, and frankly he had no fucking choice. Outside of Odell Beckham Jr. he has drafted very poorly. Eli Apple is being labled as the best player available at the 10th pick of the draft. Maybe he is. I hope he is. It just makes no sense that the Giants payed a cornerback handsomely in free agency to join a pro bowl corner (DRC was a sub and doesn't really deserve that respect. Regardless, he is a solid cornerback). Much bigger holes needed to be addressed.


 
That's a tweet made by the Giants first round pick before Super Bowl 46. I guess me and the Giants new Eli have something in common... We both don't like Eli Apple on the New York Giants. None the less he is an Eagles fan. This is just another reason not to like Eli Apple. Stupid and irrelevant news, but news Giants fans don't like.

The Only Rationalization: The Giants are confident in there defensive line and now want to stack up on coverage. I think a simple dump to a runningback guarantees positive yards considering the linebacking core is full of Grade D worthy players. Atleast the Giants will match up well with receivers.

Alright Mr. Red Delicious. Make me eat my fucking words. There is nothing in the world I want more than for Eli Apple to be great. I stand behind everything I said and I hope one day this blog is shoved in my face for being wrong about this pick. Nothing will make me happier than that. The 2nd and 3rd round of the NFL draft kicks off tonight and I'm hoping the Giants can shape up their holes. Let's see what you got Jerry.

I cant publish this without that corny ass pun that's probaly headlining every backpage paper..... Welcome to the Big Apple Eli Apple!!

No comments:

Post a Comment