Friday, April 15, 2016

Money-Hungry NBA Approves Advertising on their Uniforms



 
Rest in piece to ever wearing a new NBA jersey for at least the next 3 seasons. The multi-billion basketball association approved a three year pilot program to allow teams to sell a corporate logo on their jerseys. This is completely about the money. Although the league is going to bank off this, as a huge jersey fan, I am pretty pissed off that I'm never going to see a regular basketball jersey again.

I'm honestly really bothered by this. I refuse to by an NBA jersey with a fucking advertisement on it. I don't care how small the logo is. I'm not buying a Knicks jersey with a fucking Chase Bank logo on it and it would kill me to see the Knicks support their fat dogshit owner James Dolan's Optimum with a patch on their shoulder for 82 games. The jerseys are no longer worn with pride. The teams and players are now a brand. There's a reason why fans hate the free giveaways at the games and that's because of the stupid sponsor logos on them. What sucks the most about this is how much money the league is going to rake in on this. This is going to be a revolution. Every sport besides maybe baseball are going to end up doing this after seeing how simple it is to make bank off sponsors. Roger Goodell is going to enforce this to the NFL 100%. Guaranteed. Mark my words. That money-hungry alcoholic. Fuck this shit.

The NBA has become fucking Nascar. The NBA doesn't stop producing new forms of jerseys like the stupid fucking sleeves and special Christmas jerseys. They know how easy it is to make millions of dollars. This sponsorship is going to bring in a shit load of revenue and there's no way they part ways with it after the three year deal. I hope the NBA doesn't make any money off of jersey sales from fans not buying these sponsored jerseys even though it probably won't matter because of how much money they'll make off the sponsors paying the teams to get their brand patch on the uniform. I only wear the most authentic jerseys I can possibly get my hands on but you'll catch me dead before I ever wear a jersey with a fucking marketing ad on it. My NBA jersey collection will no longer expand. Maybe a Kevin Durant Knicks jersey might change my mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment