Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Jimmy Buffet IS Performing at Jones Beach this Summer


 
Party on! When the Nikon at Jones Beach Theater released the 2016 summer schedule, the familiar name of Mr. Jimmy Buffet was left off the list. My overreaction was a bit premature because Buffet is coming back to Jones Beach in 2016 baby. Better late than never.

There's no better way to end this summer than with Long Island's greatest parking lot party. Jimmy Buffet hits Jones Beach Thursday August 25th. Take off from work that day and I'd advise taking the Friday after off as well because shits about to go down! The lots will start filling up bright and early so prepare yourself for a full day extravaganza. There's nothing like being shit bombed by noon. Something I don't object to any day but it's socially acceptable when this guy is in town.



It is not the concert that makes this day great. Well for me at least. The tailgate is just one of a kind. Last year was the first time I attended the big parking lot party and it was remarkable. It is now a day I will look forward to for the rest of my life so I hope Jimmy B keeps it kicking for a long time. The convenience of it being right down the parkway makes it a hell of a lot better as well. The majority of the people at this event do not go into the concert and party all day in the sun across the different theater lots. The vibes are great, the people are fantastic, and there's country music playing everywhere.

I can't recommend this experience enough. I jumped the gun thinking Buffet wasn't going to make his annual trip to Jones Beach. I couldn't be more happy with the announcement, even if it was delayed. The fact that it was taken away from me for about 15 days made it 10 times better when the August 25th concert date was announced. See you all there. Cheers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment