Friday, March 11, 2016

Top 5 Friday: Best Nintendo 64 Games

 
 
 

 

Of all the countless numbers of gaming systems our generation has had, Nintendo 64 is still my most favorite. I'm still playing it to this day. This weeks Top 5 Friday I will be counting down my top 5 favorite Nintendo 64 games.


#5 Mario Party



Countless numbers of fun mini games. Mario Party is such an enjoyable game that will never get old. This game is such a success I think they are up to Mario Party 55 on their newest Nintendo console. Although you will end up sacrificing your palm with blisters, your always in for a good time with this game. Bowser is an absolute bully in this game. That ugly motherfucker. Play nice for me one time. One little pet peeve I have with this game... Why does Toad ask if you want a star? Who would ever say no? I just had to paddle a fucking canoe against 3 people to get to you. I busted my ass to get to you after all these map changes now give me my fucking star.

Confession: I haven't stopped digging a penis in the digging mini game since I was 10.
 
 
#4 Super Mario 64 / The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Donkey Kong 64





 
3 way tie. The best 1 player games Nintendo 64 has to offer. It's tough putting one ahead of the other. Nothing is more rewarding than the accomplishment of completing these games. Jumping threw paintings, collecting the 8 red coins, and throwing Bowser on spikes during a hard fought journey to collect 120 stars while battling awful camera views. The game ultimately ends with you meeting Yoshi who was just chilling alone on Peach's Castle all game instead of helping out. Yoshi tells you that you beat the game, gives you 100 lives that you no longer need, and just jumps off the god damn Castle to never be seen again.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time is one of Nintendo's best 1 player games. There's so much shit that has to be done in this game. This game is probably my favorite video game soundtrack. Catchy ass tunes. Link's long adventure through so many bosses and Temples and even puberty will give you all the entertainment you need. It is so refreshing getting through Ganondorf's castle to disturb him playing his piano and save Zelda. By the way, move the fuck over Billy Joel. The Great King of Evil is the true Piano Man. Oh and FUCK THE WATER TEMPLE!

Donkey Kong 64 is such a fun ride. King K Rool barges the fuck in on his 500 foot high Alligator ship (I see he didn't have to go under any bridges) and kidnaps all Donkey Kongs friends and confiscates all his golden bananas intending on blowing up DK's island. This croc flat out hate's those monkeys. Donkey Kong now has to get his friends and bananas back and save his island. The graphics were great for the time and all the bosses and tasks were so well put together that this game was flat out awesome. The end battle in the boxing ring vs King K Rool is one of the most fun boss battles any game has to offer. If anybody tells you they played this game and didn't rock out to the DK rap and still know every word are not telling you the truth.

 
#3 Super Smash Brothers

 
Superrrrrrrr Smaaaaaaaaaaaashhhhhhh Brotherrrrrrrrrrrrrs. One of Nintendo's highest selling games. Nintendo took recognizable characters from all different kinds of games and put them at battle. Every character has their own unique move sets that you must strategically utilize to defeat your prolific Nintendo opponents. I always wanted to see Mario vs. Luigi and Pikachu get smacked with a beam sword by Fox. As fun as it is playing with friends, the games 1 player mode if awesome. Master Hand ain't got shit on me. Anybody remember the commercial for this game? One of my favorites. Easily hooked me right into pleading and whining for my Mom to bring me to Toys R Us and get this game. I haven't looked back since. The newest Smash Bros game for Wii U is one of my favorite games... dare I say.... ever?


#2 GoldenEye 007

 
Classic. The Bond music gets me feeling some kind of way. This game paved the way for all shooting games including that gay Call of Duty shit that these gamers obsess over today. It was fun and simple. At the time, the graphics were great. The single player mode has a great story behind it and playing in the first-person really puts you in control of James Bond. Playing as the Pierce Brosnan Bond and just straight up ruthlessly murdering people. Cool levels, cool characters, and cool weapons. The Golden Gun is legendary and I guess the only realistic gun in the game. 1 shot and your dead. Usually how it goes. Not 25 shots to the head, taking a deep breath, and healing 100% without visiting the hospital. Just back to killing. One of the most fun games back in the day and it still holds up to this day.

#1 Mario Kart 64

 
Welcome to Mario Kart! The undisputed champion of all video games. Who would of thought putting fictional characters on a go-kart would be one of the greatest ideas in video game history? This games an absolute blast. If Mario Kart 64 wasn't part of your childhood, you were deprived. Find me anybody in the world who doesn't like this game. From strategically using the lightning in Wario Stadium, getting plunked by oil trucks on Toads Turnpike, trying to hit the short-cut jump on Koopa Troopa Beach, or falling into the lava on the bone bridge at Bowsers Castle, this game is the GOAT of not only N64, but the history of all video games. All Hail the Kart!

PS: I'm Yoshi. Always. Fuck off.

There you have it. My top 5 Nintendo 64 games. Those were the days yo. There's so many awesome games the N64 produced so I'm going to leave you with a few honorable mentions. Agree? Disagree? What's your 5 favorite N64 games?

Honorable Mentions:

  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (it was really hard keeping this off)
  • Star Fox 64
  • Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball
  • All Star Baseball 2000
  • NBA Jam
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • WCW Revenge
  • WWF No Mercy
  • WWF WrestleMania 2000
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Perfect Dark
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Mario Tennis
  • Mario Golf

Yea I guess by some honorable mentions I meant a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment