Thursday, February 11, 2016

Jimmy Buffet is not Performing at Jones Beach this Summer

 
This summers Nikon at Jones Beach theater concert schedule has been released and Jimmy Buffet is not performing. This is not cool. Jimmy Buffet usually has a concert every summer at Jones Beach but his name is not on the schedule. I am not OK with this.

This is not only bad news for Parrot heads but this is also bad news for my fellow country loving alcoholics. The Jimmy Buffet tailgate is the biggest parking lot party on Long Island and we are going to be without it this summer. I only know like 3 Buffet songs but I certainly know how to funnel and stumble (rhyme intended) all over Field 4. It is extremely common for people to fill up the Jones beach theater parking lots and not attend the concert because that's how awesome the tailgate is. People start packing the lots up as early as 8 in the morning.

What's up with Buffet not coming to Jones beach this year? Is he finally too old? Big country names are still performing at Jones Beach this year like Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker, and Rascall Flats. However, none of them will be able to bring the same tailgate that Buffet's concerts bring. I'm keeping hope that he's still set to perform in Wantagh and the concert date just isn't set yet. No Buffet concert is too tragic to not keep wishful optimism that his name will appear on the concert schedule. Please god I need this. I need to roast my skin and blackout in a parking lot 10 minutes away from my house. Please god, please Jimmy, don't do this to me!


Click here for the 2016 Jones Beach Concert Schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment